The Recreation Director will coordinate activities of volunteer personnel by performing the following duties:
- Direct a primarily volunteer program focused on developing year-round community recreation programs for all ages. Develop and promote recreational programs including but not limited to seasonal sports, music, dance, the arts, nature uses, swimming, social recreation and games.
- Adapt recreation programs to meet the needs of the community and its residents.
- Introduce new program activities, equipment and material to staff, as well as the use of technology to market and advertise programs offered to the community and surrounding areas.
- Work with other regional recreation directors to coordinate programs and satisfy community needs through joint program design and facilities use.
- Work with the Recreation Committee to recommend an annual budget to the Select Board and accounts for all revenues and expenditures for the department.
- Direct and arrange for proper maintenance and operation of park and recreation facilities.
- Maintain systematic, complete and accurate records of department activities and services, personnel and property.
- Study and analyze the effectiveness of department service with recommendations to improve and change programs to benefit the greater good of the community.
Please email Job application and resume to email@example.com or drop off at the Town Hall.