Greater Rutland County Supervisory Union
Early Education Programs
Registration Dates (02/02/2021 – 02/22/2021)
The GRCSU School-Based Early Education Programs are now accepting applications for Pre-K programs for the 2021-2022 school year. Our programs are 4 or 5 STARS accredited and licensed Early Education programs that provide play-based, developmentally appropriate environments for all children. Our curriculum is based on the Vermont Early Learning Standards (VELS), Teaching Strategies Gold, and Creative Curriculum. We believe that a diverse classroom offers opportunities for adults and children to practice acceptance and compassion and also provides a broad range of learning experiences.
- Follow the school calendar
- Full day programs (school hours)
- Multi-age (3 -5)
- Busing available for most schools
Children who will be age 3 by September 1, 2021, but not yet 5 years old are eligible to enter our programs.
If you are interested in your child attending a public program, please fill out the form below and return to your local school. Please call the school if you have questions.
Child’s Name _______________________________________________________________
Birthdate ________________________ Age on 09/01/2021 ____________ Gender _______
Parent’s Name(s) ________________________________________________
Home Address ___________________________________________________
Town _________________________________ Zip_______________
Home Phone Number _________________________ Cell Phone _____________________
E-Mail Address __________________________________________________
- Do most people understand what your child says?______________________
- Do you have any concerns about your child’s development?________________
If yes, please explain________________________________________________
Parents will be notified by March 1, 2021 to finalize the registration process. Many of our schoolprograms fill up quickly so a prompt return of this form is encouraged. Priority for enrollment will go to children who will be 4 by Sept. 1, 2021 and/or will be committing to attend full time. Wewill maintain a “wait list” for children we don’t have room for in our public school programs
Learn about our GRCSU Public School Pre-K Programs.
Our school-based Pre-K programs encourage children to explore new ways of expressing
themselves through a balance of quiet, active,large group, small group, andindividual activities. Through these experiences, children develop positive relationships with others as well as a sense of themselves as competent learners. GRCSU recognizes the importance of early learning for all children. A significant amount of research suggests that students have more success in school when they have had enriching early childhood experiences.
- Are designed for 3-5 year old children (multi-age programs) (age 3 by 09/01/21)
- Are full day and follow the school calendar
- Are licensed with the Vermont Department of Children and Families
- Are STARS accredited
- Have access to Early Childhood Special Educators, Speech and Language Pathologists, Physical and Occupational Therapists
- May include children with developmental delays as well as regularly developing peers
- Include art, music, physical education GRCSU Pre-K Curriculum:
Our play-based curriculum is a blend of child-directed and teacher directed activities with many opportunities for individual learning experiences. A balance of quiet, active, large group, small group, and individual activities are offered daily. Our curriculum is based on the Vermont Early Learning Standards and the Creative Curriculum. Areas of focus include: Social/Emotional Development, Language and Literacy, Mathematical and Scientific Thinking, Social Studies, Creative Expression and Physical Health and Development. Please contact your local school for questions concerning registration or for a tour/visitation.
- Middletown Springs Elementary School, Ph (802)235-2365
15 Schoolhouse Rd, Middletown Springs, VT 05757,Rick Beal, Principal
- Proctor Elementary School, Ph (802)459-2225
14 School St, Proctor, VT 05765, Christy Coloutti, Principal
- Poultney Elementary School, Ph (802)287-5212
96 School Circle, Poultney, VT 05764, Kristen Caliguiri, Principal
- Rutland Town School, Ph (802)775-0566
1612 Post Road, Rutland, VT 05701, Sarah Tetzlaff, Deborah Rodolfy, Co-Principals
- Wells Village School, Ph (802)645-0386
36 MWA Loop, Wells VT 05774, Elizabeth Coltey, Principal
- West Rutland School, Ph (802)438-2288
713 Main St, West Rutland, VT 05777, Jay Slenker, Principal